Instructor: Datis Kharrazian, PhD, DHSc, DC, MS, MMSc, DACNB, DACBN, FACN
Location: On Demand Video
Credit Available: 12 hours with successful completion of 2 exams. See complete credit information HERE.
This course will provide an extensive literature review of microglia, neuroimmunity, and current diseases that involve an underlying neuroinflammatory pathophysiology. An evidence-based model incorporating diet, nutrition, and lifestyle medicine will be presented. Clinical applications to glial priming, laboratory tests, patient history, and physical examination will be presented in detail.
- Understand the role of glial cells in brain function
- Review the basic concepts of neuroimmunology
- Review the scientific literature for nutrients, dietary approaches, and lifestyle factors that impact neuroinflammation
- Understand the clinical concepts of glial priming
- Learn how to identify neuroinflammation from patient history
- Learn examination and laboratory findings found with neuroinflammation
- Learn how to identify neuroinflammation with MRI and other imaging studies