Instructor: Datis Kharrazian, PhD, DHSc, DC, MS, MMSc, DACNB, DACBN, FACN
General Schedule: Livestream on September 24-25, 2022 from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Location: Livestream and On Demand video replays after the livestream
Credit Available: 12 hours total
This course will provide an extensive literature review of the neurophysiology, neurochemistry, and neuroendocrine-immunology of mood disorders. A detailed review of will be presented of evidence-based lifestyle, dietary, and nutritional applications that may impact mood and anxiety. Evaluation of mood and anxiety disorders in a clinical setting will be presented. The course will emphasize how to develop personalized dietary and lifestyle approaches to support mood disorders.
- Conduct a comprehensive review of the neurophysiology, neurochemistry, and neuroendocrine-immunology of mood disorders.
- Present a comprehensive literature review of mood disorders.
- Review the scientific literature for nutrients, dietary approaches, and lifestyle applications that impact mood and anxiety.
- Clinical history, physical examination, and laboratory tests to identify risk factors that impact mood and anxiety disorders.
- Learn to develop an individualized and evidence-based clinical approach to optimize mood with diet, nutrition, and lifestyle strategies.