Instructor: Datis Kharrazian, PhD, DHSc, DC, MS, MMSc, DACNB, DACBN, FACN
Location: On Demand Videos
Credit Available: 12 hours total
This course will provide an extensive literature review of diabetes and dysglycemia. An evidence-based model incorporating diet, nutrition, and lifestyle medicine will be presented. Clinical applications to dietary management, nutritional supplementation, and environmental triggers associated with diabetes and dysglycemia will be highlighted.
- Review the physiology of glucose stability.
- Review diagnostic criteria for blood sugar disorders.
- Review laboratory tests to evaluate and monitor diabetes and blood sugar disorders.
- Review the scientific literature for nutrients, dietary approaches, and lifestyle factors that impact diabetes and blood sugar disorders.
- Review clinical history and physical examination for diabetes and blood sugar disorders.
- Develop a clinical approach to manage diabetes and blood sugar disorders with a functional medicine model.