Instructor: Datis Kharrazian, PhD, DHSc, DC, MS, MMSc, DACNB, DACBN, FACN
General Schedule: Livestream on May 22 – 23, 2021 from 9am – 5pm (Pacific time)
Location: Online livestream and On Demand video replays after the livestream
Credit Available: 12 hours with successful completion of 2 exams. See complete credit information HERE.
This course will provide an extensive literature review of the neurophysiology and neuropathology of cognition. A detailed review of lifestyle, dietary, and nutritional applications that may impact cognitive function and or delay the onset of dementia will be presented. A comprehensive review of how to evaluate cognitive function and dementia risk factors with imaging studies, laboratory tests, physical examination neurocognitive tests, and medical history will be presented. A step-by-step approach in evaluating the stages of cognitive decline and clinical strategies to develop lifestyle, dietary, and nutritional applications will be presented.
- A comprehensive review of the neurophysiology and neuropathology of cognitive decline and dementia
- A review of the scientific literature for risk factors that promote dementia
- A review of the scientific literature for nutrients, dietary approaches, and lifestyle applications that impact cognitive decline and dementia.
- Clinical history and physical examination considerations with cognitive decline
- Clinical approach to managing cognitive decline with diet, nutrition, and lifestyle